Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love cooking!

Cai Xin

Chicken Curry

I have the sudden urge to hands on and cook today. I went to NTUC and get the necessary ingredients for my dinner. Although this is the 3rd time I've attempt to cook chicken curry, I still love to do it once again. All bcos I really love the curry my mommy used to cook last time. The side dish will be vege and I've chosen Cai Xin. The other alternative is cabbage. My family have this habit to have a vege to go with chicken curry as the curry is rather heaty and spicy, so it'll be best if there's a vege to balance your taste buds.

Actually, it is not difficult to cook. Hmm...maybe just the preparations are abit tedious.

For cooking chicken curry, you'll need to peel the potatoes, carrots and also chop the chicken into smaller pieces. I've added carrots in it so as to add in a little sweetness to the curry and also bcos eating too many potatoes will make my tummy feel a bit tight. So carrots can help to balance it.

The serving of chicken will depend on how many ppl will be eating or the amount of curry you'll be cooking. I've always chosen half chicken (rem to get rid of the skin & check for feathers when cleaning) and sometimes add a few wings if I feel tht it is not enough. Not forgetting, the coconut milk and the chicken curry paste. It can all be found in supermarkets (e.g NTUC).

Maybe one day you shld really try cooking yourself. I love the satisfaction and of cos being a woman alrdy, I shld learn how to cook.

At least a meal tht's edible.

My next attempt will be double boiled soup - 六味汤. I love this soup since young and I will really wanna learn how to double boil this soup. It is a healthy soup. Besides that, I also wanna learn to boil soups like 黑豆汤, 花生汤 and Bak Kut Teh. It is really very nice. My mom seldom cook now except for Mondays and bcos my maid does everything, she hardly finish all the cooking herself.

I rather learn and cook it myself lah. I've always wanted to be a 女强人 who can 出的了厅堂, 进的了厨房. I wont wanna be a 黄脸婆. Seriously, a healthy brought up is really very impt. Just like my family. I sincerely thank God for giving me such a wonderful family and wonderful mommy. I've always treat her as my model to be a gd "chef".

Wait till my next cooking update on the soup. That's all for now. =D

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers